For a list of events related to biblical scholarship, see our online calendar.
View the Calendar >>
|Ad Posted:||9/17/2012 to 12/10/2012|
|Position or Title:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF THEOLOGY (BIBLICAL STUDIES)|
|Start Date (estimated):||July 2013|
|E-mail Submission - Attn:||Elise Forman|
Application review begins October 15, 2012. The position will remain open and applications will be reviewed until filled. Campus interviews are anticipated for late November and early December 2012. Start date: July 2013.
The Theology Department is situated within the College of Arts and Sciences, which bears primary responsibility for providing an education that is grounded in the great tradition of liberal arts and sciences and committed to the integration of faith and learning. For a further description of the Theology Department and the work of its faculty, please see http://www.whitworth.edu/Academic/Department/Theology/index.aspx.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Teach seven courses a year, concentrating on biblical studies and biblical theology; serve as mentor and advisor to students; engage in research and writing in biblical studies and related fields. Participate in departmental activities and governance, professional activities, and faculty assemblies, development days, retreats, and committees. Contribute expertise in biblical studies to the wider campus and church community.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ph.D. or Th.D. in theology or related field or ABD by August 2013
• Evidence of the potential for teaching excellence at the university level
• Evidence of the potential to make a scholarly contribution to either Old Testament or New Testament studies (area of specialization open)
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith, to the integration of faith and learning, to the flourishing of both global and local church, and to service to the Christian community
• The ability and desire to establish a positive relationship with persons regardless of race, gender, physical limitation or religious belief
• A commitment to equal opportunity; and a commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a Christian liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA)
• Background check and educational verification required.
FOR THE COMPLETE LIST OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSISTE;www.whitworth.edu/jobs.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS BY EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is not possible, you may mail them to the following address:
Human Resource Services, Auld House
Attn: Chair, Theology Faculty Search Committee
Spokane, WA 99251.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. With our commitment to building a diverse community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.|