2011 International Meeting
Meeting Begins: 7/3/2011
Meeting Ends: 7/7/2011
Note that the deadline for paper proposals is 11:59 PM (23:59) Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) on the day PREVIOUS to the deadline below.
Call For Papers Opens: 10/1/2010
Call For Papers Closes: 2/1/2011
Requirements for Participation
- Limited to three appearances total, only two of which may be paper presentations.
- Presiding at a session counts as an appearance.
- Appearances on Affiliate programs count towards this total.
- SBL Committee and business sessions do not count towards this total.
- Proposals require presentation title and an abstract of approximately 300 words—longer abstracts will be shortened.
- Papers are most often allotted 20-25 minutes in a session, with 5-10 minutes for discussion.
- If you have a question about a particular program unit, email the chair listed in the Call for Papers for that unit.
- Proposals must be submitted through the online system.
- All presentations must be new presentations of the scholar's own original work. In absentia presentations are not typically accepted.
- Papers cannot be repeated in other sessions or at other SBL meetings.
Registration and Membership Requirements
- SBL Membership is required at the time of a proposal for the SBL program.
- SBL Membership will be checked by May 1 and non-current members will be removed from the program at that time.
- SBL Membership must be current at time of the International Meeting.
Affiliate Organization Programs
- Affiliate organization membership is required to participate.
- If a member of an Affiliate organization intends to participate in an SBL session, the member is required to have current SBL membership.
Registration for Meeting
- All meeting participants must be registered by May 1. Registration will be checked and those not registered will be removed from the program.