2011 Annual Meeting
Meeting Begins: 11/19/2011
Meeting Ends: 11/22/2011
Note that the deadline for paper proposals is 11:59 PM (23:59) Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) on the day PREVIOUS to the deadline below.
Call For Papers Opens: 1/25/2011
Call For Papers Closes: 3/5/2011
Requirements for Participation
- A person is normally limited to participate in no more than two regular program sessions as a presenter, panelist, or respondent. Committee and business sessions do not count towards this total.
- Regarding the program including AAR, a person may participate a total of three times, in which case the parameters specified above still pertain.
- Proposals require presentation title and an abstract of approximately 300 words.
- Papers are most often allotted 20-25 minutes in a session, with 5-10 minutes for discussion.
- Transliterate foreign text and limit diacritical notations to basic marks (e.g., ä, ç, é, ø).
- If you have a question about a particular program unit, email the chair listed in the Call for Papers for that unit.
- Proposals must be submitted through the online system.
- All presentations must be new presentations of the scholar's own original work. In absentia presentations are not typically accepted.
- First-time proposers may be required to submit the full paper to the program unit chair.
- Papers cannot be repeated in other sessions or at other SBL meetings.
Registration and Membership Requirements
- SBL Membership is required at the time of a proposal for the SBL program.
- SBL Membership will be checked by June 1 and non-current members will be removed from the program at that time.
- SBL Membership must be current at time of the Annual Meeting.
Affiliate Organization Programs
- Affiliate organization membership is required to participate.
- If a member of an Affiliate organization intends to participate in an SBL session, the member is required to have current SBL membership.
Registration for Meeting
- All meeting participants must be registered by June 1. Registration will be checked and those not registered will be removed from the program.